Evolution with Time

As children, we epitomize our parents... but at the back of our head we also sort out their habits subconsciously into the ones you wish you'd get, and those you wouldn't want to inculcate.

Imagine my surprise when, in a recent discussion with my parents, I realized that I had subconsciously started doing some of the things in exactly the way they do... except, as a kid, I didn't like it...

What would you call it then... growing up ? inheritance ? 
Or has my memory just dulled and I have chosen the path of convenience over the right one...

All of us change with time.. but am wondering if I'll suddenly realize one fine day, that I've turned into a person I don't like ! 

Comments

  1. Nice post. May be guilt by association? Indian origin kids who grow up in USA automatically develop the American slang/pronunciation, even though they speak Tamil or Gujrati or Hindi at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting observation..
      Guilt by association could be a good explanation..

      Delete
  2. As long as u realized he doing something you don't want to, there's still hope, that you may stop doing these things 😊
    I too try n avoid a few habits of my parents ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier said than done Sohail... Parents are a tough one..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology