Job Well Done ?

All of us work... some on our own free will, and some for the corporate world, and a lucky few who manage to achieve both...

While I am pondering how to best do the work at hand, I often wonder about the choice to be made... whether to the best I can do with the one opportunity I have to prove myself, or to do a good job leaving some space and energy for other things lined up...

Some might argue that every job should be done with an attempt to achieve perfection, and only then do we come close to achieving something worthwhile.... at the risk of sounding lackadaisical, putting your heart and soul into everything at hand is very exhausting.... 

So I am always left wondering where to give in my 100%... but the balance will get nothing at all.... So much for work - life balance !!!

Comments

  1. Doing everything to achieve perfection will not only be exhausting but also monotonous, usually perfection is mechanical... Think of handicraft, it is not 'perfect' but it is appreciated for its uniqueness... While achieving targets often we need to take a more practical approach, which is totally good...

    Where to give a 100%? Some things just happen automatically...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true... but there is a beauty in perfection as well... a sense of semblance comes with it..
    I guess prioritizing becomes important when one has one too many things at hand...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

Life Death and the ones left in between